Saturday, September 15, 2007

All Finished

So that's it. I am now an Oxford MBA for real. I really can't believe that it is over. What a whirlwind year!

The Capstone week's lectures weren't bad and it was a great excuse to meet up with everyone again. Our presentation went well (the two Japanese in our group were randomly selected by the school to present, and they did very well). The individual 3,000 word essay was straight-forward (well, at the end of the MBA writing 3,000 words is like shelling peas). And as expected, we partied every night.

The Turf for the last timeThe final black tie party was fantastic and the school pulled out all the stops. It was easily on a par with any other party that I have been to this year. As a strange twist of fate, Esther and I were asked to make a speech each, which we did and actually enjoyed quite a bit. I always find it quite difficult to follow her (we did our EP together) as she is an amazing speaker, so in a perfect display of teamwork, she went deep and meaningful and I went light (very) and funny (somewhat).
Me speaking
Esther and meNamiko, Akiko and Arima san
So I now have a couple of months to have a baby (well, watch Namiko have him), move house and prepare for my new job (which I am very much looking forward to).

And I suppose that this will be my last post to this blog. Its funny, looking back, it was a great decision to write it. I re-read it from time to time and it reminds me of everything that has happened over the last 15 months. Its hard to imagine that in such a short space of time my life would change so much, that I would meet so many fantastic people who I can call friends and that I would now be preparing for a job in a company such as McKinsey.

Money well spent, is all I can say.

Cheerio.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM , Blogger Abhijit Shaha said...

Dear Andrew,

I can't thank you enough for writing this blog. Just to let you know, I was reading it since last november and it has been crucial in deciding that I will do my MBA in Oxford. And now that I am in Oxford I feel many places familiar already because of your and other's blogs.

And thanks for coming back to schools to share your experiance about consulting as a career. Hope we would be in touch in future.

Wish you all the very best for your new job

- Abhijit Shaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home