Sunday, May 13, 2007

Week 3 Trinity

Consolidation Week. Taking a few days off to go to Texas may have been great fun, but it certainly did not help with keeping me up to date with the assignments! So guess what I have been doing this week....

Its not just the assignments; it is the preparation for the MBA tournament (in Paris next week), preparation and execution of 'pitches' to companies where we want to do our summer consulting project and helping everyone who is currently interviewing with their preparations (for which it would take wild horses to stop me from doing). When you add jet lag into the mix, it makes for an "interesting" week. Actually, speaking of interviewing the class of 2007 seems to be doing very nicely when it comes to job offers at the moment. After what seemed like a slow start, a number of us are in the process of signing contracts for our dream jobs. There is certainly a lot to celebrate.

This week I did manage to attend a lecture by Stelios Haji Ioannou, founder of easy group, who held an unscripted Q&A session with us. It was interesting to hear how he set up his own airline by 28 years old and how he puts a lot of his success down to having a wealthy father who believed in him. There were certainly some (younger) members of the audience who stated their desire to be adopted by him.... Seriously though, being able to attend these types of talk and the proximity with which we are allowed to get to real live billionaires (that's pounds, not dollars chaps) is something that continues to amaze me.
Stelios
On another note, I suppose that it is time to let the cat out of the bag with regards to something in my personal life. My lovely wife Namiko is expecting our first child (she is midterm as we speak). The reason I mention it is that I have just spent the whole day at the baby show in Birmingham's NEC surrounded by new and soon-to-be-new parents. Bedlam! At least Debbie & Mark (Sister & Brother-in-law) and Mum & Dad were there....

So I am still tired but Week 4 looks to be interesting. If I can just finish the last of the assignments due before Friday I am sure to have a fantastic time in France....

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM , Blogger RBR_Goodwill_4_Charity said...

Congratulations, Andy & Namiko this will be a bigger "life-change" than the MBA and future career move, take care, John

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Gaurav Kishore Bahri said...

Congrats Andrew .. This is great news !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home