Monday, July 03, 2006

The Fateful Day

Today was the day that I handed in my notice (of resignation from my current job).

A strange feeling really; When making the decision to do an MBA, I knew my employer's (that is to say Honda's) stance on external executive education was not favourable, and therefore knew that it would be impossible to both keep the job and do a full time MBA. So I suppose that I should not feel sad that the day has finally come to officially quit. Having said that, it is one thing to decide to leave and another to actually hand over a formal letter.

I have had a wonderful time at Honda, living in both the UK and Japan (sometimes concurrently), travelling and making friends at Honda's and our supplier's sites all over the world. As a company, it is an amazing global family. Unfortunately, once you leave, you leave for good.

I think that I will miss it tremendously.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM , Blogger Tony said...

Hello Andi!
( I have been keepng a close eye on your blog and I though I say hello...)

While it might seem a sad time, to leave the place that has given you so much, and also where you have given so much to, it is really fantastic to see your determination to go that "extra mile".
Good luck and I will keep a regular eye on your blog.

Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home