Sunday, March 11, 2007

Week 8 Hilary

So there it goes, another term over...only Trinity left. This MBA is really flying past.

There are still, however, exams to sit (6 in total) which will take place in the week commencing the 19th March (a week from tomorrow). This gives me 7 days with which to revise.

Week 8 was dedicated to churning out assignments. As I look at the the list on my wall, I can see that since Hilary Term started, I have handed in 21 assignments and that I still have three to go (EP, Financial Management and Operations Management). These, however, are not due until after the exams....thank heavens.

To mark the end of term, there was a party held at the business school on Friday night, however it was Namiko's birthday and so we slipped out to go for a romantic meal at edamame (a very good Japanese restaurant on Holywell St. in Oxford).

Seeing as next week will be spent doing revision, I decided to take the weekend off, and Namiko and I used the time to do a little more sightseeing in Oxford. We had been meaning to have a walk around Magdalen College for a while and seeing as the weather was nice, proceeded to do just that. We also managed to have a walk around Deer Park (the park which sits inside Magdalen).
Namiko and I next to the Magdalen Plane
On the way to Magdalen, we also managed to pop into Merton College (another one of the really old ones) and looked between the railings to Dead Man's walk. Which is so named as it was the route taken by funeral processions from the Synagogue to the Jewish burial ground (which is now the Botanical Gardens).
Namiko striking a pose in Merton
On Saturday night was Andrea's Birthday which turned in a joint party between him and Namiko. It was great nice party where Akiko prepared a mountain of Italian food and we tucked in for hours.

The Birthday Boy & GirlSo, that was this week. As I look back on it, I realise that there were no guest speakers or other such extra-curricular events, which I suppose is a first for me. I recall spending alot of time on our EP presentation, which is due on Thursday next week.

So, now its head down for another couple of weeks before the holidays... Where does the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home