Monday, April 23, 2007

Week 0 Trinity

So the final term begins (forgive me for being a day late with this posting).

Actually, this week has been particularly interesting in so much that I received my first job offer! As you can imagine, the party following this new information is one that I probably should forget (although, to be honest, I can't remember most of it anyway). As to the company, I will not write any of the details for the time being as I now have two other offers and so will need to work out which one to choose.

Its amazing. Like waiting for a bus. You wait and wait, and then three come along all at the same time.

Other activities this week included submitting my first assignment for Trinity term (the Private Equity case study), doing a lot of rowing and attending the Said Business School Private Equity Conference.

Rowing
On Saturday 28th Oxford MBAs will be hosting a sports day against Cambridge MBAs during which we also have a rowing race. Obviously we have no desire to lose to the other place and so have been putting in some water time so as to ensure that this doesn't happen.

Private Equity Conference
On Wednesday the school hosted its annual Private Equity conference. I attended the early afternoon session and was fascinated by the topics under discussion. For me, the most interesting session was the one during with John Moulton (Managing Director of Alchemy Partners) gave a speech entitled "Have Private Equity Returns Reached their Peak?". With all of the new players in the market the answer seemed to be an emphatic "NO".

So that is about all. Other than the above, the week ended with a family get-together in London. It was nice to see everyone.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Andrew,

Howdy...?
Congratulations on you offers... Good to hear that.. I am an 07-08 admit... WOuld be great to know more details about the same....

I am from windy city Chicago...

-Joby

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger Andrew said...

Hi Joby, Congrats yourself (on getting into the programme). I have not made a decision as to which offer to accept yet, so don't want to mention the companies on the blog. If, however, you send me your email address (andrew@bergbaum.com), I will fill you in with the details.
Andrew

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home