Thursday, September 14, 2006

Outgoing and incoming Students

Last night Mike from the outgoing batch arranged a get-together in the Radcliff Arms Pub in Jericho. Whist there were only a few incoming students in attendance, there must have been 40 or so outgoing ones letting their hair down and willing to offer much of their hard-won advice to us 'newbies'.

One of the things that interested me was the split in the group between those that had already been looking for (and found) jobs and those who were only now thinking about starting their search. Apparently the split is roughly 50:50, which is not the impression that I originally had. I expected many more to have decided where they are to be working by now. That being said the attitude of those without seemed relaxed and all were extremely confident of getting the work they wanted.

Another great thing about the meet was that I could discuss with both Mike and Vaniah, whose blogs have been a great source of research into the Oxford MBA, and in essence, the catalyst which pushed me to start writing my own.
A great evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home